1. PRICES, BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- All prices and itineraries are current and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- All fares are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST.
- A 100% cancellation fee will apply for a tour cancelled within 24 hours of travel or when no notice is given. If notice of cancellation is given and the tour is rebooked there is no charge.
- For tours to Kangaroo Island a cancellation between 7 days and 30 days attracts a 50% charge. Between 7 days and 24 hours an 80% charge applies and within 24 hours a 100% charge applies.
- Group discounts apply to groups of 6 people or more (upon request only).
- Children (4-14 years) receive a 50% discount off adult fares unless otherwise stated.
- Children 3 years and under are free. If they require a seat they are required to pay a child's fare.
- The operator reserves the right to cancel tours & amend fares, itineraries & days of operation as required.
2. COURTESY HOTEL PICK-UPS
- Hotel pick up - please wait outside hotel 5 minutes prior to pick up time.
- Look for Great Sights courtesy coach or Great Sights on behalf of Great Sights.
- No hotel drop-offs after morning tours
3. ON-BOARD THE COACH
- Smoking is not permitted aboard the vehicle.
- A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
- Goods and services come with certain guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. These terms and conditions are subject to those guarantees.
- A reference to “client” means the person making the booking.
- State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. Our staff are not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
- Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
- Vehicles with seat belts will have at least one child restraint anchor point.
- Our staff are not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
- Our staff are not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle as their primary focus.
- Great Sights Australia reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
- All reservations are subject to availability.
- Great Sights Australia has wheel chair lift vehicles available on our Public Day Tours.
- Passengers requiring a wheel chair lift vehicle should book via telephone on 1300 850 850 at least 24 hours prior to departure and inform Great Sights Australia of their specific requirements.
- Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
- Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
- Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
- Where a wheel chair lift is fitted, drivers are responsible for the operation of the wheel chair lift or ramp. Wheel chair accessible vehicles will have generic anchor points and straps for use.
- Our staff are not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair. Our staff will assist in anchoring wheel chairs but a parent, guardian, carer or assistant will be responsible for ensuring the wheel chair is properly anchored.
- No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted on any vehicle.
- We reserve the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
- Passengers and clients are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
- To the extent permitted by law we are not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage. Our employees will exercise due care and skill when loading and unloading luggage.
- Our employees may request assistance in loading or unloading any luggage items.
- Great Sights Melbourne is not responsible for any property left or thought to be left on a Great Sights Melbourne vehicle. Great Sights Melbourne will endeavour to search each vehicle at least daily for lost property and store it at the depot office for a minimum period of 48 hours. Great Sights Melbourne reserves the right to dispose of or destroy any lost property after this time.
- Any lost property found must be collected from a Great Sights Melbourne depot within 48 hours.
- Great Sights Melbourne is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on Great Sights Melbourne vehicles and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
- Great Sights Melbourne recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
- Great Sights Melbourne directly supplies bus transportation services.
- Great Sights Melbourne may also, acting as an agent or reseller for various third party suppliers of goods and services, engage relevant third party suppliers to supply you with other goods or services, for example, ski hire and lift tickets associated with snow tours (third party arrangements).
- Any third party arrangements are collateral to the bus transportation services we directly provide you. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) arrange relevant contracts between you and relevant third party goods and services providers, as may be relevant to the particular tour you have booked.
- Great Sights Melbourne exercises due care and skill in choosing third party providers of goods and services but has no control over, and to the extent permitted by law, no liability for, the goods and services provided by relevant third parties.
- All third party arrangements made on your behalf are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party suppliers.
6. Indemnity/Limitation of liability
- You agree to indemnify Great Sights Melbourne in relation to any loss or damage suffered by Great Sights Melbourne in respect of goods or services provided to you in respect of third party arrangements, including but not limited to, claims in relation to damaged equipment e.g., ski equipment.
- To the extent permitted by law, Great Sights Melbourne shall not be liable for any injury, loss, accident or delay that may occur due to factors beyond our direct control or by reason of any act or omission of any third party.
7. Recreational services waiver
- As part of your tour, you may engage in sporting activities or leisure-time pursuits or other activities that involve a significant degree of physical exertion or physical risk and are undertaken for the purposes of recreation, enjoyment or leisure (recreational services). This may include but is not limited to, skiing, snowboarding and snow sports.
- To the extent permitted by law, Great Sights Melbourne, its employees, directors and agents are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of Great Sights Melbourne, including but not limited to any liability for recreational services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose you have made known, expressly or by implication, to Great Sights Melbourne or because Great Sights Melbourne failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you, which you made known, expressly or by implication, to Great Sights Melbourne or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
- You acknowledge that recreational services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur. You assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue Great Sights Melbourne, its employees, directors and agents for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
- Please see the below prescribed warning in relation to recreational services in Victoria you participate in, to the extent that they are held to be supplied by Great Sights Melbourne. By booking this tour you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
8. WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012
Under the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), several statutory guarantees apply to the supply of certain goods and services. These guarantees mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you—
- are rendered with due care and skill; and
- are reasonably fit for any purpose which you, either expressly or by implication, make known to the supplier; and
- might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these statutory guarantees do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the services provided were not in accordance with these guarantees, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in clause 7 of this form.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier's part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
9. Force Majeure
- If any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond the reasonable control of Great Sights Melbourne, prevents Great Sights Melbourne from performing in whole or in part its obligations:
- Great Sights Melbourne is relieved of that obligation to the extent and for the period that it is unable to perform such obligation; and
- Great Sights Melbourne will not be liable to the other party to this agreement for failure to perform such obligation to the extent and for the period of non-performance contemplated by this clause.